3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all- purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. (About 2 minutes) Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
- Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)
- Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely. Makes approximately 3 dozen. Try not to eat them all.
Let me know if you decide to make these. The cornstarch is truly the “secret ingredient” to make these cookies absolutely PERFECT! I look forward to hearing from you. Happy Baking!