I definitely share a passion for fresh pastries, especially French pastries. Here is another recipe I found and made from Pinterest.
I did put my own personal twist on this and you will see my comments periodically.
Cream Puff Shells
½ cup butter
1 cup water
¼ tsp. salt
1 cup flour
Cream Filling– I made a traditional homemade whipped cream filling, but here is the one posted with their recipe
16 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 cups cool whip, thawed
3 cups powdered sugar, more as needed to reach desired consistency
1 tsp. vanilla
Chocolate Frosting– again, I made my own, I bought Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate bar and melted it in a double broiler and dipped the cream puffs into the chocolate, but here is the original frosting:
½ cup butter
1/3 cup cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
½ tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
TO MAKE CREAM PUFF PASTRY:
- In a large pot, bring butter and water to a boil. Remove post from heat and stir in flour and salt, consistently stirring until the mixture firms up and forms a ball. Transfer the dough to a large mixing bowl. With hand or stand mixer, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg is added. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 17 minutes at 425 degrees F. After 17 minutes, reduce temperature to 375 degrees F and continue baking for an additional 5 to 10 min. Centers should be dry. When finished cooking, let cool completely.
When the shells are cool, make FILLING
- Beat cream cheese, cool whip, powdered sugar and vanilla together until smooth. When shells are cooled completely, use a pastry bag to pipe filling onto half the shells. Place remaining shell halves on top.
TO MAKE FROSTING
- Melt butter and milk in microwave soft bowl. Add powder sugar, cocoa, salt and vanilla. Wisk together and pour into a large zip lock bag. Cut a small corner off and drizzle chocolate over cream puffs.
To top mine off, I sifted powdered sugar on top as pictured and served with fresh berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries)
Let me know if you decide to make this and how they turn out for you! Share pictures and comments! Make it a fabulously blessed day!